Mader Herefords Difference
How we strive to improve customer profitability and achieve our aspirational herd goals…
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excel in Economic Traits
- Ensure Environmental Fit
- Heifer Development Program
- Provide a Better Buying Experience
"Honesty and integrity in performance data will not be compromised.
- Mader Farms provides transparency in performance data, continuous investment in the most modern science for heard health and genetic improvement.
- We don’t just breed cattle by spreadsheet, the scale does matter!
- EPD’s complimented with Actual Weights and Ultrasound Data.
- DNA testing is starting to be deployed to verify absence of genetic defects and improve EPD accuracy.
- Fertility and gentle disposition are the only maximum traits for selection at Mader Farms.
- We will never make an excuse for an open cow…
- A cow must produce and wean a calf every year to remain in the herd.
- A cow must breed back in a 55 day breeding season.
- Fault free and predictable performance.
- All problems are culled, poor disposition, dystocia, prolapse, cancer eye, udder problems and structural faults.
- Life is too short for ornery cattle.
- Safety, less labor, better gains, and less dark cutters are all the enabled by gentle disposition.
- We feed’em ourselves….
- Backgrounding and/or feeding out a portion of our herd each year is a for profit enterprise at Mader Farms.
Ensure Environmental Fit
- The Mader Farms cow herd is managed in a real-world grass environment with less than 20 inches’ of annual rainfall.
- “No Hay Burners Allowed” - Excessive cow weight and extreme milk that prevents breed back is culled.
- Cow Longevity delivers profits for our customers and is enabled through Mader Farms selection of balanced genetics and phenotype.
- We avoid extremes and fads that compromise fertility and fleshing ability.
Heifer Development Program
- The Mader Farms heifer development program is a solid backgrounding program, but then applies management and data rigor to animal selection decisions.
- Heifers are grown at a modest pace and not feed to “show steer fat”.
- Basic data is always collected, such as pelvic measurement, ultra sound and weaning weights.
- Synchronization technologies are deployed for both A.I. and natural sires.
- Benefits to our customers of Mader Heifer Development:
- Cow longevity and improved return on genetic investment.
- More calves and heavier calves during the lifetime of the female.
- Uniformity in type and subsequently these heifers offspring.
- Flexibility to select for specific genetic traits to drive your herd improvement goals.
Provide a Better Buying Experience
- No haggle pricing as our customer’s success equals Mader Farms success. No auction pressure or price run ups at Mader Farms.
- Common sense advisement on your cattle selection.
- We know the multi- generation pedigrees in the Hereford breed so you don’t have to.
- Pedigree knowledge, in combination with the real life, practical experience of Herdsman Keith Bowie and his three decades of in-herd experience.
- Lease Options and volume discounts are always available.
- Completed Breeding Service Examine and semen testing.
- Free delivery within 200 miles of the ranch.